Search site
South Bucks District Council
Search site

Anti-social Behaviour

Anti-social behaviour is "behaviour that is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to one or more people not in the same household as the perpetrator". It also includes 'fear of crime or concern for public safety, public disorder or public nuisance'. Anti-social behaviour can be caused by adults and young people. Anti-social behaviour can take many forms including noise, dumping of abandoned vehicles, motoring offences, fly tipping, damage to property, graffiti, throwing objects in the street and drunken or abusive behaviour.

The Community Safety team, working together with Neighbourhood Police Teams throughout the district, have adopted a multi agency problem solving approach in tackling anti-social behaviour. The multi agency approach includes working together with various partners including, housing associations, schools, the Youth Offending Service, Neighbourhood Watch, and the Youth Service.

What can you do about it?
Anti-social behaviour cannot be resolved without the help and involvement of the local community. You can help the Community Safety team to tackle anti-social behaviour by keeping a log of events you consider to be anti-social, including dates, times and details of the activity.

If you wish to report an incident of anti-social behaviour, or request ASB log sheets, please contact South Bucks District Council's Community Safety team or fill in the online reporting form.
If you wish to report an incident that occurs outside the District Council's working hours of Monday to Friday (09.00-17.30hrs), please call the Thames Valley Police non-emergency number on 101 and follow up the complaint by speaking to the Community Safety team during the above office hours.

Other tips include:

  • If you have problems with your neighbours, then contact Mediation Buckinghamshire for help and advice or email
  • If it is a criminal matter, then report the incident to your local police station on 101.
  • If it is a racial incident, then contact the racial incident officer at your local police station on 101.
  • If you or the people concerned are tenants of a housing association, then alert your landlord about the problem.
  • If the problem is to do with excessive noise, or is a public health issue, then contact Environmental Health at South Bucks District Council.


Methods of Interventions adopted
The Chiltern and South Bucks Community Safety Partnership is addressing several anti-social behaviour issues under its current Partnership Plan using a number of interventions:

  • Case conference Intervention of families at risk
  • Youth Outreach
  • Parenting Contracts & Orders
  • Mediation
  • Restorative Justice Conferencing/ In schools
  • Fly Tipping
  • Abandoned Vehicles
  • Operations are being run to identify and remove abandoned vehicles more quickly. CCTV and Automatic number plate recognition (ANPR)
  • Diversionary activities
  • Have your say meetings, Community Consultation and discussion forums have been set up across the district, giving residents an opportunity to air their views and concerns.