The first thing you must do if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness, is to get advice from the Council or one of its partner agencies to prevent you becoming homeless or to help you find somewhere else to live. This can include:
- Mediation to resolve family disputes
- Advice on landlord and tenant issues ( including negotiations with landlords to tackle tenancy problems and prevent evictions)
- Help with managing debts and accessing benefits
- Use of a Homelessness Prevention Fund to make one-off payments to help you keep your housing or find somewhere else.
- Help in finding alternative accommodation in the private sector (including the Council's Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme - SCHEME CURRENTLY SUSPENDED
It is important for you to get advice as early as possible to give you time to explore the housing options available to you, some of which you may not be aware of. Even if you are homeless immediately, options may still be available to you and you should get advice as soon as possible.
Contact South Bucks District Council Housing Options Team on 01895 837200
IN AN EMERGENCY - WHEN THE COUNCIL OFFICES ARE CLOSED - YOU SHOULD RING 01895 837200 AND FOLLOW THE VOICEMAIL INSTRUCTIONS