Would you like to receive information about your local area from Thames Valley Police? If so, sign up to Community Messaging…
What is Community Messaging?
Firstly, the service is free to anyone living in the Thames Valley Police area.
It is a system whereby community safety information can be sent directly to residents and local businesses who register to receive the messages. The majority of the existing 36,500 recipients are members of Neighbourhood Watch schemes who pass on the information to thousands more people. TVP is aiming to increase the take-up of Community Messaging beyond Neighbourhood Watch schemes so that 5% of the total population of Thames Valley – or over 100,000 people will be subscribers. You can opt to receive the messages at home or at work, by phone or via email. We in Buckinghamshire are particularly keen to sign up our partners – after all, who better to spread the news than those we are working so closely with to improve Public Confidence?
What information can you expect to receive?
The information will be relevant to the place where you live and/or work and can include:
What you need to do
- Witness appeals, which may include photos/E-fits
- Crimes which may affect your neighbourhood, along with advice on how to prevent yourself becoming a victim
- Action the police and/or partner agencies have taken to combat crime e.g. ASB orders, community initiatives, offences brought to justice.
- Upcoming Have Your Say meetings
- Emerging incident information (such as flooding or a large fire) and advice on what to do (e.g. locations to collect fresh water or sandbags).
Should you wish to read more about Community Messaging or the Watch schemes operating within Thames Valley, click on the links below:
To sign up to the scheme, go to the Community Messaging website and register on line:
Corporate Support, South Bucks District Council , Council Offices, Capswood, Oxford Road , Denham. UB9 4LH.
Tel: 01895 837200