Electoral Services - Service Standards
This webpage provides information on the aims of this particular service area. It also provides details of the service level you should expect and how to contact us for further information.
The Electoral Services Office is responsible for electoral registration and administering all elections and referenda within the district of South Bucks. We also assist with the review and implementation of Local and Parliamentary Boundary changes.
We aim to give every resident in the District an opportunity to have their say at District, Parish, Local, National, European Elections and Referenda if they are eligible, and to provide advice to all residents about their right to vote. We will do this by canvassing every household on a yearly basis to compile an accurate register of electors.
Aims and Targets
We aim to:
- During the months of September to November, send out registration forms to every household in the District in order to compile the Electoral Register for the next year.
- Allow local residents, whose registration form details have not changed, to register to vote by telephone via a Freephone number or via the internet (available during the canvass period only, full instructions are on the form)
- Allow local residents to register at any other time except during the annual canvass period using a rolling registration form, obtainable from the Electoral Services Office on 01895 837200.
Service Contact details
- To promote and improve turnout at local elections
- Publish the Electoral Register on 1st December each year.
- Our staff will help wherever possible and comply with the council's customer care standards regarding response times, courtesy, fairness and equal opportunities
For information, advice or help please ring:
The Council's Opening Hours are:
Monday - Wednesday 9.00 a.m. - 5.30 p.m.
Thursday - Friday 9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
Weekend - CLOSED
For all other council enquiries :
01895 837200 or email: email@example.com
We are working hard to provide good quality, cost-effective services that meet the needs and wishes of our residents and service users. We welcome customer feedback, both about what we have done well and how we could improve. In particular, we take customer complaints very seriously.
We frequently consult residents and customers about our services and how we could improve. If you would be interested in taking part, please telephone our Partnerships Officer on 01895 837379.
How to make a comment or complaint
There are many ways in which you can give the Council feedback:
- via our electronic feedback form.
- by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by letter to South Bucks District Council, FREEPOST SL9630, Capswood, Oxford Road, Denham, Bucks, UB9 4BR
- by fax on 01895 832750
- by telephone on 01895 837200
- by visiting the Council's main offices - please telephone first, to check when the person that you need to see will be available.
- alternatively you can obtain a leaflet by telephoning 01895 837200.
If you would like further information or want to discuss anything about Electoral Registration, please contact the Electoral Services Office:
South Bucks District Council