Council’s Priorities and Performance
The Council has a clear strategy to improve the quality of life for everyone in the District. Its ambitions are set out in its Corporate Plan. This plan is reviewed annually to make sure it remains focused on the needs of the community, new government initiatives and targets and ongoing improvements and innovation. Please find a link to this plan below.
The District Council works closely with partners including the County Council, The Police, Primary Care Trust, Fire Service, Chamber of Commerce and Voluntary and Community Services through the South Bucks Partnership. This partnership have consulted widely with residents, partners, community and voluntary groups and business representatives to gain a better understanding of the needs of people who live and work in the local area. This helped to shape the long-term aspirations and vision for the district to 2026 set out in the Sustainable Community Strategy.
Summary of the Vision from South Bucks Sustainable Community Strategy
South Bucks will be a place with:
- A prosperous and diverse economy, with more people choosing to live and work locally;
- Green space, thriving and attractive towns and villages, where our heritage is protected and more affordable homes are available to help meet community needs;
- A sustainable environment where people take pride in their community and live low carbon lives;
- Lower levels of crime and anti-social behaviour, where the police are an active part of the community and people are knowledgeable about how to prevent crime;
- Good health which is enjoyed by all including those in deprived groups and where people take responsibility for their own well-being;
- Active communities involved in shaping decisions locally and who support the elderly and vulnerable to live full and independent lives.
If you would like to find out more about the work of the South Bucks Partnership or the Sustainable Community Strategy please follow the link above in related pages.
Both the Sustainable Community Strategy and the District Council’s Corporate Plan shares five themes which are the framework for delivery of this Vision:
|South Bucks Sustainable Community Strategy and Corporate Plan – Key Themes
|Thriving Economy – lifelong enterprise, the entrepreneurial heart of Britain
|Sustainable Environment – protecting our heritage, protecting our future
|Safer Communities – being safe, feeling safe
|Health and Well-Being – healthier, happier and longer lives
||Cohesive and Strong Communities – strong, confident and active communities
The elements of the Sustainable Community Strategy that are the responsibility of the District Council to deliver are included in its detailed Corporate Plan. Each of the five themes is split into short, medium and long-term objectives accompanied by detailed action plans for the current year.
The way we do things
Our values as a public service organisation - the way we do things - is governed by six key drivers that all staff will focus on throughout their work and these are:
|The way we do things will focus on:
|Customer needs and customer involvement
|Value for money and a lean organisation
|Recognising diversity and hearing the silent needy and hard to hear
|Supporting a cohesive and caring community
|Sustainable quality of life
|Knowing the locality and our communities, use of KnowledgeSource etc. to guide our work
All documents open in a new window.
Rate this page: Rated 4/5.
If you have any comments about this Corporate Plan or the Council's services, write to:
Policy and Performance Manager,
South Bucks District Council,