Advice and GuidanceInteractive Guide to Building Regulations
(Opens new window to planning portal website)Helping You Get It Right First Time:
South Bucks District Council Building Control ensures that your community is provided with a healthy and safe built environment. Our service is friendly, flexible, publicly accountable, impartial, and offers a consultancy that helps our customers achieve quality in building.
South Bucks Building Control Service is Quality Assured to ISO 900I: 2000
We are committed to providing a positive, responsive, customer orientated service, which is efficient, effective and good value for money.We:
- Make obtaining Building Regulation Approval straightforward.
- Inspect work on site for compliance with the Building Regulations.
- Respond quickly to Dangerous Structure reports.
Working to Make Your Project A Success by providing you with the Building Control Service you want.
- Giving advice and guidance before you make an application.
- Making site inspections at times to suit your work programme.
- Giving advice and guidance as work proceeds.
- Issuing a Completion Certificate on satisfactory completion of the work.
- Dealing with reports of dangerous structures without delay.
- Providing a helpline to answer your queries and take your messages.
- Providing a highly professional service founded on quality, impartiality, and best value.
- Issuing a decision on your application speedily.
Why choose us? We aim to offer:
- Written acknowledgement of receipt of your application within 2 working days
- Examination of all applications within 10 working days. In 2001/2002, we have checked 83% of all applications submitted within the target deadline.
- Site visits undertaken on the same day if you contact us before 10.00 a.m.
- Conditional Approvals available if required.
- Duty Surveyor Service available during office hours to answer general queries. Contacts with other Local Authority Services to speed overlapping issues www.chiltern.gov.uk/building and www.wycombe.gov.uk.
- 24 hour site inspection hotline service
- Surveyors trained to a high technical standard and professionally qualified to provide a competent level of assistance
- Wealth of local knowledge and experience of ground conditions, drains and contaminated land amongst others
- Impartial advice
(All of the below link open in a new window to an external site)Value for Money
Can We Help You?
- Our aim is a best value quality service.
- Helping you to get the job right, first time.
- Offering FREE pre-application advice.
- Published performance standards and targets.
(Any links contained in our pages are provided solely to help you browse the topic. If you decide to use them, you do so entirely at your own risk and we cannot be held responsible for any material which may appear on them, or loss resulting from their use.)
Yes, whatever the nature and scale of your project, we have the experience and technical skill to guide you through the building process as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Our Website aims to provide quick and easy access to our service 24hours a day, 7 days a week. We are continually seeking ways to improve and develop our website, please feel free to give us your suggestions by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to Local Authority Building Control Site: www.labc.uk.com
If you would like a copy of site lines, the official newspaper of Local Authority Building control, which updates you on current issues, please telephone 01895 837212 or visitwww.sitelines.co.uk
For more information please contact Building Control on:Tel: