Public Access - Quick User Guide
It is now possible to view planning applications via the Internet. PublicAccess for planning allows you to view all publicly available details of planning applications being considered by South Bucks District Council as well as some planning history. You can
- view details of planning applications being considered by South Bucks District Council, which are continuously updated as they are received and registered
- search for planning applications by a variety of criteria such as address, date, type, status, parish
- monitor and track the progress of an application via a live link to the back office system
- submit comments about the application during the appropriate stage of the application process
- view properties and applications by reference to a map
- view some planning history and details of some historic applications as they are made available
As a member of the public, you will be able to access the service via a similar route on the website that you used to use to look at the static table which was manually updated every week; this is now called the Weekly List. However you will need to agree to the copyright and disclaimer statement before you can proceed and access the application.What do I do?
- Go to South Bucks website at www.southbucks.gov.uk
- From the options on the right hand side of the page, click anywhere in the Planning Online box. This will take you to the View Planning Applications Introduction page
- Scroll down and click to view the copyright and disclaimer statement; when read, click to return to the Introduction page
- Click on the PA icon to confirm acceptance of the copyright and disclaimer. This will then take you into the home page of Public Access Online Planning. If you do not click to accept then you will not be able to proceed and view any online planning information.
- On the PublicAccess home page, using the menu bar on the left hand side of the window, select Planning.
- There are then a number of options on the left hand menu bar:
- Application Search
allows you to search for planning applications by the application reference number (if known in full or in part) and also by application type or status, by parish or by date.
- Property Search
allows you to search for property details using a combination of property name, number, postcode and street.
- Weekly List
displays by week over an 8 week period all applications either validated, i.e. checked and registered, or decided within that week. This is analogous to the static table available previously but is dynamically updated from the live back office system and gives much more detailed information. Any applications older than 8 weeks will have to be accessed via the Application Search facility.
- Special Interest
is an option for applications which South Bucks may consider to be of special interest but would only be used in exceptional circumstances.
- View Map
allows you to access O.S. map data and to zoom in and out to examine areas in more detail. Once the area has been selected then the Identify button will allow you to either select and identify adjacent properties or applications and to look at any planning history available on the system related to those properties.
- South Bucks Home Page
Final option which takes you back to the South Bucks home page.
- Once you have selected the application, by whatever route, and clicked to view, you will be able to see important dates as they are updated. If you then click on the Property Details button you will be able to see other information and selecting the View Property On Map tab will display the relevant and adjacent properties and planning points or polygons (see Note 1) with the ability to zoom in or out. The Associated Documents tab is currently not activated (see Note 2).
- If you select the Related Info tab, there is a useful facility to view either properties or applications within 10-300 metres of the selected property.
When viewing planning history on the maps applications appear as shown:
1997 – May 2004 (indicated as a point)
May 2004 to present (indicated as an area) Note 2:
At the moment you can view details of applications and their progress and access all the functionality listed above inclusive of plans, applications forms etc. This functionality is part of a new project to scan in documents related to new applications received from the 12th March onwards so that they can be made available to the public. Applications previous to this date can be viewed at the council offices without prior arrangement.
To view decisions made within the last 8 weeks and reported to Planning Committee:
- Go to Weekly List
- Select week from drop down list
- Select applications that were decided in this week and click on View List
- Repeat for each week required
- Note that this will cover all decisions not just those delegated to the Development Control Area Team Managers.
If you can’t find the information that you are looking for on any of the planning pages please contact us on:Tel:
01895 837210 or 01895 837342.Email: email@example.com