Hackney Carriage Drivers
All drivers of hackney carriage vehicles must hold a hackney carriage driver's licence, in order for them to operate legally. For such a licence to be granted, the applicant must satisfy South Bucks District Council that they are a "fit and proper" person.
Applications will only be accepted as valid if the following are provided:
1. Application form and fee completed on line: Apply online
2. Medical certificate completed by the applicants registered G.P.
3. Two recently taken passport sized photographs of the applicant.
4. Enhanced DBS certificate completed on line:
5. Specialist driving test pass certificate.
6. Three character references must be provided.
7. Proof of right to work within the UK.
8. Pass certificate for a South Bucks District Council Knowledge Test.
Note: A valid full DVLA/EU drivers licence (groups A and B) must have been held for a period of three years prior to application.
Further information for those considering applying for any sort of hackney carriage or private hire licence can be found in the Council's Hackney Carriage & Private Hire Licensing Policy.