Housing Options Advice & Assistance
Our specialist housing advisors are part of the Housing Services team based in the Council Offices, Capswood, Oxford Road, Denham, UB9 4LH. Telephone 01895 837200 to speak to, or make an appointment to see, an advisor. (This service used to be provided by Paradigm Housing on behalf of the Council).
Many people contact us for example because they are at risk of losing their current home, have problems with their landlord or want to apply for a social housing tenancy or find out about affordable homeownership options. The first thing you must do is get advice to prevent you becoming homeless or to help you find somewhere else to live.
This can include for example:
- Mediation to resolve family disputes
- Advice on landlord and tenant issues (including negotiations with landlords to tackle tenancy problems and prevent evictions)
- Help and advice about managing debts and claiming benefits
- Referral to other specialist advice agencies including the CAB debt advisor
- Help in finding alternative accommodation in the private sector (including the Council's Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme)
- Registering your housing needs on BucksHomeChoice (opens in a new window) - the Buckinghamshire wide choice based lettings register
It is important for you to get advice as early as possible to give you time to explore the housing options that may be available to you (some of which you may not be aware of). Even if you are homeless immediately, options may still be available to you and you should get advice as soon as possible.
Use the linked pages for more information.
For more information please contact Housing Options Team on
Free translation is available via Google
Tel: 01895 837200