Living Near Dorney 2012 Refuse Collections
Refuse Collection and Street Cleansing
With some 40,000 spectators and 1,000 athletes attending the events at Dorney Lake South Bucks District Council and our waste management contractor Biffa will be working hard to ensure our streets stay clean and waste is collected with minimum disruption.
In order to do so there will be some changes to the waste and street cleaning services for those living in the Dorney Lake area, click on the links below for more information.
Refuse and Recycling Collections
The Olympic and Paralympic events are taking place at Dorney Lake from 28th July – 11th August and 31st August – 2nd September; there are also two contingency days on 9th August and 3rd September should the games be disrupted by inclement weather. During these events we aim to collect refuse and recycling as normal wherever possible.
| During these periods only please ensure;
- Sacks, bins or boxes are not placed on the public pathway. Instead of placing your waste at your property boundary, please place your refuse and recycling within your property boundary out of reach of passers by.
- All refuse and recycling is at the collection point by 7am on your collection day and no earlier than 5pm the evening before.
- All refuse and recycling is properly contained within South Bucks containers provided.
Details of any disrupted collections will be available on;
- This page of the website
- The Waste Recorded Information Line 01494 762454 updated daily
- Twitter, follow us @SouthBucksDC
Bank Holiday Collections
Please remember that your collection date will change during the week commencing 27th August. For example if your collection is due on Thursday 30th or Friday 31st August it take place on Friday 31st August or Saturday 1st September respectively. Please remember to ensure all refuse and recycling is presented as detailed above. Collections from Monday 3rd September will be on the normal collection day.
There will be restricted access to some local recycling bring sites during the events. There will be no access to the facilities at Taplow Railway Station however the following sites still aim to be open;
Litter & Street Cleansing
- Dumb Bell Public House, Taplow
- Sainsbury’s, Lake End Road
- Summers Road Car Park, Burnham
- Neville Court, Dropmore Road, Burnham
Additional recycling litter bins will be installed in the area for the duration of the events. Please help us to keep our streets clean by disposing of your litter in the bins provided or taking it home. If you see any dumped rubbish or graffiti please report it to the Environment Unit on 01895 837333. Street cleansing crews will be operating every day during the events including weekends.
The popular dog walking route through Dorney Lake will not be available during the events. Alternative routes may not have dog litter bins installed so please act responsibly by clearing up after your dog and either placing it in a normal litter bin or taking it home.
Communications, South Bucks District Council, Capswood, Oxford Road, Denham, UB9 4LH