Throw a Royal Party Not Your Rubbish The day of the Royal Wedding is nearly upon us and many may seize the opportunity to host a party of their own to join in the celebrations.
What ever you have planned, South Bucks District Council is encouraging residents to think about the environment during the celebrations. Here are some suggestions to help minimise waste;
- Scrap paper invites and send your guests by text or email.
- Choose to reuse! Use reusable (plastic) crockery, cutlery, glassware and material tablecloths and napkins.
- Add paper napkins to your compost bin, a great way to balance out all those grass cuttings and keep your compost bin healthy.
- Use rechargeable batteries for stereos, games and solar powered lights.
- Buy big! Buying large containers/packets of ketchup, butter and crisps rather than using lots of small containers. This will reduce packaging waste.
- Designate a recycling area to collect all plastic bottles, glass bottles, jars, tins and cans for recycling. This will make the clearing up easier too.
- Make use of your household recycling collection service, local recycling bring sites and the county Household Waste Recycling Centres to recycle as much as possible.
The day of the Royal Wedding, Friday 29th April, will be classed as a normal working day for waste collections; collections will already be taking place one day later than usual this week due to Easter Monday Bank Holiday. Therefore waste usually collected on Thursday 28th April will be collected on Friday 29th April, and waste usually collected on Friday 29th April will be collected on Saturday 30th April.
For more information on how to reduce, reuse and recycle your waste and recycling centre locations
, call 01895 837333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact
South Bucks District Council,
Denham, Bucks. UB9 4LH