Local Development Scheme (LDS)
South Bucks District Council and Chiltern District Council have jointly agreed to pursue a single Local Plan covering both the South Bucks and Chiltern districts.
The Joint Local Plan and initial LDS were agreed at:
- South Bucks Council's Cabinet on the 13th October 2015 (more details available here) and by SBDC's Full Council on 10th November 2015 (more details are available here)
- Chiltern District Council's Cabinet on the 20th October 2015 (more details are available here) and by CDC's Full Council on 3rd November 2015 (more details are available here).
On the 19th December 2016 the Joint Cabinet for Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils agreed to amend the LDS timetable which included agreeing to the principle of Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and key dates for the Emerging Chiltern and South Bucks Local Plan (2014-2036). The meeting agenda and minutes are available below:
On 7th November 2017 the Councils Joint Committee approved a further revision to the Local Plan timetable. The updated LDS timetables are available below:
Key Dates - Emerging Local Plan
In the preparation for the Local Plan the Councils have carried out an Initial (Regulation 18) Consultation incorporating an 'Issues and Options' Consultation (Regulation 18) (19th January to 14th March 2016) and Green Belt Preferred Options Consultation (31st October to 12th December 2016).
Following approval of the Joint Committee to revise the Local Plan timetable on the 7th November 2017 the key stages for the emerging Local Plan are as follows:
- Publication (Regulation 19) - June/July 2018;
- Submission (Regulation 22) - December 2018;
- Examination (Regulation 24) - June/July 2019; and
- Adoption (Regulation 26) - November 2019.
In addition the Councils are continuing to carry out 'Duty to Co-operate' discussions throughout the process.
The next stage of the approved Local Development Scheme (draft Plan publication under Regulation 19) in June/July 2018 will not now be able to be met. This is due to the need to undertake specific strategic highway (motorway) junction modelling. The Councils will review the Local Development Scheme once the timetable implications for this additional work are known.
Key Dates - Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
The key dates for the Community Infrastructure Levy resulting from the updated LDS are as follows:
- Preparatory evidence base work [January 2017 to February 2018];
- Consultation on Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (Regulation 15) [August to September 2018];
- Publication of Draft Charging Schedule (Regulation 16) [November to December 2018];
- Submission of the Plan to the Secretary of State (Regulation 19) [February 2019];
- Examination (examined jointly with the Local Plan) [June/July 2019]; and
- Adoption (Regulation 25) [November 2019].
The CIL timetable will also need updating once the Local Plan timetable is known.
More details will be published on this website when available.