Local Development Scheme (LDS)
South Bucks District Council and Chiltern District Council have jointly agreed to pursue a single Local Plan covering both the South Bucks and Chiltern districts.
The Joint Local Plan and initial LDS were agreed at:
- South Bucks Council's Cabinet on the 13th October 2015 (more details available here) and by SBDC's Full Council on 10th November 2015 (more details are available here)
- Chiltern District Council's Cabinet on the 20th October 2015 (more details are available here) and by CDC's Full Council on 3rd November 2015 (more details are available here).
On the 19th December 2016 the Joint Cabinet for Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils agreed to amend the LDS timetable which included agreeing to the principle of Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and key dates for the Emerging Chiltern and South Bucks Local Plan (2014-2036). The meeting agenda and minutes are available below:
On 7th November 2017 the Councils' Joint Committee approved a further revision to the Local Plan timetable. The updated LDS timetables are available below:
Key Dates - Emerging Local Plan
In the preparation to the Local Plan the Councils have carried out an Initial (Regulation 18) Consultation incorporating an 'Issues and Options' Consultation (Regulation 18) (19th January to 14th March 2016) and Green Belt Preferred Options Consultation (31st October to 12th December 2016).
Following approval to of the Joint Committee to revise the Local Plan timetable on the 7th November 2017 the key stages for the emerging Local Plan are as follows:
- Publication (Regulation 19) - June/July 2018;
- Submission (Regulation 22) - December 2018;
- Examination (Regulation 24) - June 2019; and
- Adoption (Regulation 26) - November 2019.
In addition the Councils are continuing to carry out 'Duty to Co-operate' discussions throughout the process.
Key Dates - Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
The key dates for the Community Infrastructure Levy resulting from the updated LDS are as follows:
- Preparatory evidence base work [January 2017 to February 2018];
- Consultation on Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (Regulation 15) [April to March 2017];
- Publication of Draft Charging Schedule (Regulation 16) [October/November 2017];
- Submission of the Plan to the Secretary of State (Regulation 19) [March 2018];
- Examination (examined jointly with the Local Plan) [June 2018]; and
- Adoption (Regulation 26) [November 2018].
More details will be published on this website when available.