Go to the new Buckinghamshire Council website

Toggle menu

Coronavirus support and information

Local information on coronavirus including service changes, business support, how to get help and vaccinations.



If you think that you may be at risk of losing your accommodation or currently have nowhere to live, you should complete our self-referral portal.

The first thing you must do if you are homeless or threatened with homelessness, is to get advice from the Council or one of its partner agencies to prevent you becoming homeless or to help you find somewhere else to live. This can include:

  • Mediation to resolve family disputes
  • Advice on landlord and tenant issues ( including negotiations with landlords to tackle tenancy problems and prevent evictions)
  • Help with managing debts and accessing benefits
  • Use of a Homelessness Prevention Fund to make one-off payments to help you keep your housing or find somewhere else.
  • Help in finding alternative accommodation in the private sector (including the Council's Rent Deposit Guarantee Scheme - scheme currently suspended

It is important for you to get advice as early as possible to give you time to explore the housing options available to you, some of which you may not be aware of. Even if you are homeless immediately, options may still be available to you and you should get advice as soon as possible.

Contact Buckinghamshire Council, South Bucks Area, Housing Options Team on 01895 837200

In an emergency - when the Council offices are closed - You should ring 01895 837200 and follow the voicemail instructions

P3 Charity 


P3 Charity's Housing Support service may be able to help you if you are aged 16 and over, live in Buckinghamshire and:

  • you have a significant risk of homelessness
  • you are struggling to manage your home independently
  • you need support to start a new tenancy

This free service is run by an independent charity and supported by the council.

You can make a referral online or call them on (freephone) 0808 164 1810.