Common Planning application forms

The best way to make an application is electronically via the Planning Portal - applications or by email to

If you prefer to apply in hard copy, the forms can be printed from Paper forms.

When making an application, always refer to the Planning Portal Fee List.


Links to the most popular forms and guidance notes are available below for printing. 

Common application types - forms and guidance notes
Type of application  
HouseholderFormGuidance notes
Full Planning (FA)FormGuidance notes
Certificate of Lawfulness -Proposed (SA)FormGuidance notes
Certificate of Lawfulness - Existing (EU)FormGuidance notes
Listed Building Consent (HB)FormGuidance notes
Advertisement Consent (AV)FormGuidance notes
Removal or Variation of Condition (VRC)FormGuidance notes
Non Material Amendment (NMA)FormGuidance notes
Works to Trees (TP or KA)FormGuidance notes
Larger Home Extensions (PNE)FormGuidance notes
Approval of details reserved by condition (CONDA)FormGuidance notes


Joint forms

If you wish to work on a Listed Building there are joint forms available. If you use the joint form, you do not need to submit any of the documents twice:

Joint application forms for Planning Permission and Listed Building Consent
Householder and Listed Building Consent (HB)FormGuidance notes
Full Planning and Listed Building Consent (HB)FormGuidance notes