Home Energy Savings
An average family household spent around £1,344 on their combined energy bill! See below for some simple cheap solutions to help you save on your energy bills and make your house more comfortable...........
- Turn off lights and other electrical appliances when not in use. High energy bills often include energy that's being used for no reason
- Replace light bulbs with light-emitting diode (LED) lamps. They last up to 10 times longer and use 80% less energy
- Use draft excluders at your doors and rugs on floors to avoid drafts and keep your house warm
- During winter leave the curtains or blinds open to let sunshine in. During warm days keep them closed to block direct sunlight entering your house
- Consider investing in roof, ceiling and wall insulation. It can save you on average 20% on heating costs
- When purchasing any new appliances, make sure you check the energy label. The more efficient the appliance, the less energy it will use
- Unplug battery chargers when batteries are fully charged or the chargers are not in use
- Turn off equipment. Even if you switch equipment to 'stand by' or 'hibernate' it will still use a small amount of energy
- Consider installing renewable technology at your property
- If in doubt turn it out, the cheapest energy is the energy you do not use!
For further information and advice on ways to save energy and money visit the Energy Savings Trust