Changes to waste services due to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
The garden waste collection service is operating normally.
We can now accept payments for renewals and new subscribers to the service.
Advice for residents
- Lighten the load - We know it's been a while since we collected, but please avoid squashing garden waste down and overfilling the bins. Otherwise your bin may become too heavy for our collection vehicle to lift safely.
- Put your bin out early - We may have to change the order we collect bins so the crew may arrive earlier than usual
- Leave them out - The rounds are taking much longer so crews may visit your property later than usual
- Remember we will be back in a fortnight - We will be back again so you can leave some garden waste until next time. Please do not present extra garden waste next to your bin.
- Home Composting - If you have the space and would like to give home composting a try, there is advice and a discount on compost bins available to residents at www.getcomposting.com
Garden waste contract extensions
To compensate subscribers for the garden waste collections that could not be made due to Coronavirus, garden waste contracts in Chiltern, South Bucks and Wycombe areas (Wycombe 2nd bin subscriptions) will automatically be extended by 2 months. Chiltern residents and Wycombe residents with a 2nd bin will not require new stickers on the bin. Crews will continue to collect garden bins with valid stickers, 2 month's after the expiry date. For more information please visit the Garden Waste page.
Recycling (mixed and paper & card)
The recycling collection service is operating normally.
We will collect a reasonable amount of extra recycling. Extra recycling should be loose in a re-useable container (we will not collect recyclables in plastic bags), presented neatly alongside the relevant collection containers', and cardboard boxes must be flattened and reduced to a manageable size.
The general rubbish collection service is operating normally.
The food recycling collection service is operating normally.
Advice for residents
Please place food waste in your outdoor food recycling bin (brown bin) and present at your property boundary by 7am on your collection day. You can line your caddy with either a compostable, plastic or newspaper liner. Due to the bank holiday, all collections will be one day later than usual during w/c 25 May.
To find out more about home-composting visit: www.recycleforbuckinghamshire.co.uk/reduce-your-waste/home-composting/
For tips on how you can reduce food you waste, visit: www.recycleforbuckinghamshire.co.uk/reduce-your-waste/love-food-hate-waste/
Medical Waste (including COVID-19 waste)
Sharps and sack collections are occurring as business as usual for residents who already have this service set up. Customers should request collections as they usually do (sharps only).
For information on how to dispose of waste from possible cases of COVID-19 and cleaning of areas where possible cases have been (such as disposable cloths and tissues), visit: COVID-19 waste
The bulky waste collection service is operating normally, however, slots for collections are limited. Bookings can be made online or by calling Customer Service on 01895 837333.
Following government guidelines on social distancing, our crews will only collect items from the edge of your property boundary. We will not enter any property to collect items. We will not assist in moving items.
To protect our crews, please do not book this service if any persons in your household have diagnosed or suspected Covid-19 symptoms.
For more information, visit: bulky waste
Household Recycling Centres (HRCs)
Visit the Household Recycling Centres page for more information.
The bin delivery service is operating normally. Please note that due to high volumes of requests, your delivery may take up to 28 days.